Top Tips on Getting Slim for Summer
With summer fast approaching, you’ve probably started thinking about getting in shape. When your goal is to slim down, it helps to have a plan for a healthy lifestyle- from the foods you eat to your exercise regimen and schedule. Feeling overwhelmed? You’re not alone. We’ve got a few tips that can help get you on the right track.
First, take a few hours one day each week to create a meal plan for the week ahead, that way you will know what you will be eating each day and avoid impulse food purchases and going out to eat.
Here are a few guidelines:
- Stock Up: Stock your fridge with cut up fruits, vegetables, nuts and other healthy snacks so they’re convenient to grab when you’re hungry. Try to stick to foods that have protein and fiber such as carrots and hummus or almond butter and an apple.
- Keep it to Three: Eat three meals and two snacks each day, rather than fewer large meals.
- Treat Yourself: Research shows one small daily indulgence won’t sabotage your weight loss plan. Try snacks under 150 calories, such as two squares of dark chocolate
- Eat More Veggies: Vegetables help you get slim because they’re low in calories and high in fiber.
- Stay Hydrated: Water helps fight bloat by flushing out the system and can help you feel fuller when you’re hungry.
If you’re going to the gym, choose foods that will help you burn fuel over time, like whole grains, fruits and vegetables. It’s important to decide how many days a week you can realistically exercise and for how long (even 10 minutes a day is beneficial). Make exercise dates with yourself and keep them. Finding an exercise buddy can be a great way to make sure you don’t bail on your schedule. Focus on cardio, as the body needs to burn fat before it builds muscle.
What about that fat that doesn’t seem to budge no matter how much you exercise? SculpSure is an innovative body contouring system that can help you achieve a slimmer appearance in just 25 minutes without surgery or downtime.
SculpSure’s innovative technology destroys fat cells by raising the temperature of body fat in problem areas such as the abdomen and love handles. It can help you achieve a slimmer appearance with a 25 minute treatment without surgery or downtime. Results are typically seen in six to 12 weeks, with up to 24 percent reduction in stubborn fat.1
Regardless of how you choose to get slim for summer, getting the information you need is crucial to help you make the best choice for you.
1. Average reduction in fat volume following single treatment as measured by MRI; Single treatment with an average reduction in fat volume as measured by MRI; “Clinical and Histological Evaluations of a 1060nm Laser Device for Non-Invasive Fat Reduction.” John W. Decorato, M.D., FACS. Rafael Sierra, Ph.D., Bo Chen, Ph.D., Westford, MA, 2014.