Redefining The Term ‘Mom Jeans’
High-waist jeans are back in style and moms everywhere are rejoicing. Not only does this style make us reminiscent of our wonder years, (anyone else a child of the 80s?), but it also helps tuck in the dreaded muffin top that’s associated with childbirth. Let’s all stop pretending like it’s not a thing. I have a little extra fluff in my mid-range since birthing three children. Thankfully, there are options available to get rid of the muffin top through style, diet & exercise or a body contouring treatment that takes just 25 min.
If you are looking to reincorporate mom jeans into your look because they are back in style, know that you aren’t alone. Many young celebrities today are embracing this chic look and making it their own. I love seeing all the different ways women are redefining the term “mom jeans”. After all, no two moms are the same!
If you are looking for an easy way to incorporate the mom jean style into your wardrobe, I have 5 easy tips for you to try out:
- If you are going to go with a high-waisted style, then opt for either a skinny jean or a flare cut to really show off the look. Personally, I’m obsessed with the latter because it really lengthens your legs.
- If you are worried about looking too wide, there’s an easy solution — layers! Opt for a duster jacket like the one pictured above or a simple vest to camouflage.
- Looking for a more permanent solution to get rid of those last few pounds? SculpSure is the world’s first light-based body contouring system for the reduction of stubborn fat that seems resistant to diet and exercise. If you have 25 minutes to spare and if you want to avoid surgery or downtime, this is the option for you. SculpSure destroys treated fat cells in problem areas such as the abdomen and love handles. Patients begin to see results in as quickly as 6 weeks, with optimal results usually seen in 12 weeks.
- If you are going to wear mom jeans, you might as well show off those high-waisted pants with some pride! Opt for a shirt that sits right at the waist. Personally, I love the boxed look of this piece from Club Monaco. Perfect for Spring and beyond.
- No matter what, you need a nice heel. Nothing helps a woman walk a little taller and stand a bit straighter than a great shoe. Opt for a summer wedge or your favorite open toe sandal and show off that new pedicure all night long.
So, moms wearing mom jeans – yeah, so what? It’s a thing and non-moms are doing it nowadays too! Search any Instagram thread of today’s youngest celebrities and you’ll find a pair of mom jeans amongst their looks. I am mom and I wear mom jeans … and I’m proud of it!